Re: Big Hairy News.

> I'm laughing too hard at your and Kevin's jabs. 'Didn't want to
> interrupt the flow.

But it's not just my & Kevin's conversation.  We want to hear your views
& jabs, too.  You've been too quiet lately.  The Quiet Jon.  What's the
deal?  You wouldn't shut up when we hung out in Detroit!  ;-)

> The self is where darkness lives and has the most control.

So, Pete's still battling inner demons.  When you think about it, he's
still on that self-centered (in a good way) writing kick he began in the
mid '70s.  But rather than be too narcissistic & explicit, his writing
continues to be centered around allegory & the use of a literary frame-
work - a story - to explore those inner feelings.

I can't say I comfortable with that.  Why can't he come up with something
bare-bones & direct, with first-person honesty - along the lines of WHO BY
NUMBERS - rather than dressing up every idea in a murky storyline with
third-person allegory?

I should stop.  I'm prejudging....

> He is fascinated by the power of that mirror and knows it should be
> smashed.  Amazing.

And yet Pete continues to be fascinated with his own reflection.  He may
be smashing the mirror & realizing a higher "spirituality," but, with him,
it seems like there's another mirror waiting around every corner.

"We run on endless time to reach a higher cloud / But we never ever seem
to get near it."

- SCHRADE in Akron

The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists -
that is why they invented hell.
	- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)