ACDC lyrics

> And their genius is recognised by Pete Townshend (AC/DC played on the > '79 Wembley show with the Who) and THE Stones - who invited > them to play > at 3 shows recently in Germany.> > Cheers,> > John
Well, we mainly agree.  I thank you for backing me up against scott who makes fun of me for playing a couple of ACDC covers with my band.  I think he objects to a band that is a tribute to The Who playing ACDC.  He is always welcome to his opinion, but our reality is that to play 100% Who and have people want to watch, a band would need to go the full tribute route, with costumes and look-a-likes, etc.  I don't have curly blonde hair like Roger, and certaily didn't have time to find a tall, skinny guitarist who could windmill, and a little tasmanian devil with straight floppy hair to be keith.  I found some good musicians who appreciated the Who, but there is a lot of rock music that we all like and think fits in fairly well with The Who.  There are also a few "crowd pleaser" songs that we throw in as changes of pace.  People have to have fun at our shows and we need to appeal to a fairly mainstream audience in order to have any success.  If we beat them over the head with The Who and played Pictures of Lily, Little Billy, Athena, Sea and Sand, etc, people would lose interest.
As to the depth of ACDC's lyrics, some of your analyses are stretches, but hey, what the fuck do I know.  I'm just another schmuck with an opinion.  I will say that ACDC's lyrics are deeper than Kiss, for sure.
Mc