Re: the net

> Did Pete ever say he was glad that he did this?

No, but he has (and continues) to insinuate that he was just an innocent
victim in this whole ordeal - either by arguing that he was just doing
"research" or complaining that what he did was legal *at the time.*
Weaseling isn't an attractive attribute.

> Ever make a mistake?

Once.  And I'll never eat at Ponderosa again.

> You are indifferent to the issue, unlike Pete.

I'm not now!  Not with people coming up to me and asking questions like:
"Was it a little boy site or a little girl site that Pete was looking at?"
I only *wish* I could be indifferent to the goddamn issue!

> You aren't even in this war, so no bullets hit you and you don't stumble
> or fall.

< insert "I've Known No War" joke here >

> Foolish and naive are more like it.

Wait.....which is it?  On one hand you argue he was courageous to attempt
his personal crusade - courageous to want to see first-hand the Evil that
exists on the internet - but you also call him foolish in his endeavor,
as well.  Was he being courageous by paying to visit that illegal site?
Or foolish?

> How is he selfish for helping/trying to help others that he will receive
> nothing back from?

Well, apparently, as even Pete has stated, he thought his celebrity status
& past charitable work would somehow exempt him from any guilt or illegality
in regards to his actions.  As if everyone would just assume he was con-
ducting research.  "Pete Townshend paid to access an illegal child porn
site?  Wow!  What a man!  That guy must really care."

Yes, that was naive.  But it was also an extremely self-centered approach
to conducting research which he *had* to have known was bordering on crimin-
al activity.

- SCHRADE in Akron