Re: Woke up Free but Branded by his Fans Too?

I haven't actually analyzed the reasoning on this, but according to ads on TV, the harm done by drugs isn't that indirect. I can see it, too--that drugs contribute to prostitution and other degrading activity. I'd agree to a point that encouraging the drug trade contributes to child abuse and child molestation.

keets

>here ever smoke a joint?  Snort a line of coke before?  If you apply the
>above accusation and responsibility on Pete, then YOU are just as guilty
>for supporting the illegal drug trade, which in case you didn't know,
>also has financial ties to child porn, prostitution, murder, etc, etc.

Your analogy is flawed.  You are comparing apples and oranges.

<snip>

If you want to argue about the indirect harm of those in the drug world, you
must first acknowledge that there would be no harm if said drugs were simply
legalized. Thus, it's really the illegality as deemed by the government
that is causing the harm.
If pedophilia were deemed legal, the children would *still* be harmed.
Apples and Oranges.
Not fair.