Re: Isn't it always an attorney that messes it all up.

Remember what the IWF said in their guidelines. It's illegal to look. Reporting the site does not protect you from the legal repercussions of having accessed it.

It's likely Pete's lawyer gave him the best advice at the time. Reporting it might well have brought on the investigation and media frenzy that much earlier. At that point, they couldn't have predicted the actual course of events and known that 1) the site would get busted, and 2) that Pete's credit card details would be unencrypted.

keets

>So easy, in fact, that Townshend, 57, wrote that he accidentally discovered a
photo of a two-year-old boy being raped when he typed the words "Russia,"
>"orphanages," and "boys" into a search engine. Townshend claimed that he
reached for his telephone and "intended to call the police and take them
through the >process I had stumbled upon--and bring the pornographers involved
to [jail]," but that he decided not to contact authorities after discussing
the issue with an >attorney.

The above referenced "attorney" should be shot (at worst), or fired (at
best). Had Pete followed his instinct and called the Police, none of this would have
happened.

It still begs the question, ..........why go back?

Kevin in VT