Re: Woke up Free but Branded by his Fans Too?

From: "Kevin O'Neal" <kevinandt@gmavt.net>
>From: "Sigel, James J"
>Subject: Woke up Free but Branded by his Fans Too?

>I mean, anyone
>here ever smoke a joint? Snort a line of coke before? If you apply the
>above accusation and responsibility on Pete, then YOU are just as guilty
>for supporting the illegal drug trade, which in case you didn't know,
>also has financial ties to child porn, prostitution, murder, etc, etc.

If you want to argue about the indirect harm of those in the drug world, you
must first acknowledge that there would be no harm if said drugs were simply
legalized. Thus, it's really the illegality as deemed by the government
that is causing the harm.
If pedophilia were deemed legal, the children would *still* be harmed.
Apples and Oranges.
Not fair.
If this, if that, it's all hypothetical. Realty is that certain substances *are* illegal and the money you pay to obtain them *does* go to people who use it to do all sorts of nasty things. What you say *should* be is irrelevant. To excuse it by saying that you shouldn't have to be giving your money to organized crime doesn't change the fact that you are. But, hey, *your* money isn't doing anyone any harm because, well, you like pot, and it shouldn't be illegal anyway, right? I'm not condemning what you do, just agreeing with Jim that you're being a little hypocritical.

Have any of you people slamming Pete ever looked at porn on the internet? You think all the women there were adult? Think all of them were there by choice? Think any of them were so desperate for money, they'd do just about anything? OK, you didn't pay anything, but did your traffic generate any revenue? There's a reason they count hits on websites. Hypocrites.

Let's try to remember one thing. Pete is not a Pedophile. OK? I don't care if he did throw away that computer. If he was into that shit, they'd have found something. On one of his other computers. In his videos. In his house. Something. And, when they found it, they would have brought the hammer down on him. But they didn't. He made one huge, boneheaded mistake and he's paying for it big time.

Jim M