Uh-Oh...Let's Calm Down

>From: "Neil E. Weissman"
>Subject: Re: Uh-Oh...Let's Calm Down
>
>Kevin,
>
>You may be right I that I should just delete emails that I am not
>interested in.  However, I do not like seeing arguing between list
>members.

Nor do I.  Really.
I hope no one is interpreting Scott's and my exchange as arguing.
We're old friends.  Like two grumpy old men at the moment.
We're just working through our frustrations with the situation.

>My "rant" was not directed at you specifically.  For that I
>apologize.

Not to worry.  Tensions are understandably high at the moment.
Considering everything going on, the list has been quite calm.

>Regarding whether or not my post was relevant, it was relevant to me that
>I too express my opinions.

I would never like to be accused of preventing someone from expressing
their opinions.

>I have seen a lot of personal jabbing going on
>and I do not like it.  As a list member I am not going to be quiet about
>issues that bother me...one being how some folks jab at each other.  I
>thought this list was meant to be a place where we share info and
>opinions.  If folks want to fight with each other, I simply suggest going
>of line.

Funny, you sound like me.
I'm sure many here could tell you of my idealistic hope of unity, etc.
I still hope, but I also have learned to sit back and let those that want
to argue, argue.  If I don't, I just get all worked up.

It's a balancing act.  Sit back and let people jab, vs. taking a stand and
defending oneself.
At the moment, I'm not much in the mood for just sitting back when I feel
like someone is jabbing at me.

We're all after the same thing.
Again, we are all understandably tired, under stress (balancing work with
helping Pete), and thus a bit grumpy.  :-)

Carry on!

Kevin in VT