From: "Hare, Jason" <HareJ@HSS.EDU>
Subject: Brian May speaks out for Pete

Can't believe I'm the first one to post this!

Damn, I love Brian May.

http://www.brianmaynews.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html
For God's sake - you idiots - leave Pete Townshend alone.
This is really in danger of getting deeply out of hand - remember
McCarthyism in the USA? Well maybe we're too young - but if you read
Orwell's "1984" it'll do the trick. The Thought Police seem to have
materialised again in 2003 . Surely the police conducting this investigation
into paedophilia must realize that loads of people must go into areas of the
Internet purely to see what is there? And are you going to tell me
journalists don't do this in order to be informed enough to write their
stories? Oh, I guess journalists will turn out to be exempt from this kind
of investigation into THEIR private lives. But of course it is these very
harpies who as usual can't wait to smear a great artist like Pete Townshend.
It made me feel sick to see newsreel footage of these parasites camped
outside Pete's house.
Grow up guys. And own up.
Pete Townshend's integrity is self-evident. He is as appalled by paedophilia
as the rest of us.
Show some respect to a man who has done so much to improve and inform our
view of the world.
Brian May Jan 2003