I would like a few key answers

There are answers to a number of important questions that no one has provided.  I will believe Pete's answers, but these have yet to be adequately addressed.  If they have, please correct me:

1. Did Pete actually get charged on his credit card for access to the site, therefore supporting the illegal site with his own money?

2. Did Pete talk to any police personnel prior to researching child pornography?

3. Did Pete actually call police immediately upon entering the site via his credit card?

If the answers are no, yes, yes, then there should be nothing short of complete exoneration.  Other answers to these questions have been conflicting and vague, unfortunately.  I would like Pete to issue a statement clearing these things up, but I suppose his lawyers have told him to clam up.

mc
If the answers are