Re: Pete

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:38:23 -0500, "Schrade, Scott"
<sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us> wrote:

>(as thoughts keep occurring to me....)
>

>Why would Pete allow his credit card to be used & money taken from
>his account (I assume) & given to even *one* of these type of web-
>sites?
>
>OK.  You're against child porn.  So, in order to see what's actually
>on one of these sites you make a payment to these people?  You con-
>tribute a sum, albeit a small one, to the people who run one of these
>sites?
>
>Wouldn't your second thought (after being disgusted by the site itself)
>be, "Well, they're not getting any of *my* money!"?
>
>I mean, I can see being curious as to the content, but to go through
>the process of entering your credit card info, etc., knowing full well
>that this will "link" you to the site, just seems......insane?
>
>And what's this talk about Pete being a "dark man" who has mentioned
>suicide on occasion?  I read that in one of the articles.  Some "friend"
>made the statement.
>
>Lordy, lordy, lordy.....
>

>- SCHRADE in Akron

Do we know for a fact that he *paid* from his card? I know that some
of those types of sites require credit card info as proof of age -- I
guess the "logic" goes that if you're old enough to have a cc, you're
old enough to see boobs and stuff.

A couple of years ago, a very young guy where I used to work asked me
to put my credit card info into a site like that so he could "see some
poon." He assured me that it was just to weed out minors and that
nothing would be charged to my card. But I didn't like the possibility
of having to fight unauthorized charges on my card or even of those
people having my name and other info, so I refused.

That's the first thing I thought of when Pete said that he used his
credit card to access one of those sites -- that he probably thought
they would just auto-verify his card, let him in and then not keep and
record his info.

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org