writing to the media

I've been out of town for most of the day, and I'm just checking in now to see what's been going on. I notice a couple of the Who lists seem to have jumped right in to write to the media about this in support of Pete. There are a lot of people on these lists, and it seems that if everyone verified Pete's statement of his discovery of child porn on the Internet and his efforts to support victims through his charities, then I think it would have some weight.

Does anybody here think this is a good idea?

There's also a contact address for Scotland Yard and the Commissioner of Police on their website, though I think any contacts with the police should be made with care not to make thinks worse.

keets