Re: Quad live and more

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:11:20 -0700 (PDT), Zenswhen
<bushchoked@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Leslie:
>
>Just a "heads-up" then, you will appear to be an extremist with things like this on the end of your posts:
>
>>www.hillary-watch.org

Only if you don't actually look at the site. Or do you believe that
all those people with anti-Bush sites are extremists? What about that
site which is all about the Bush twins -- who aren't even in politics?

>By all accounts Ive heard shes doing a good job and is respected by both sides, with the exception of extremists.

What *what* or whose accounts? Take a look at the latest Quinnipiac
University poll: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x5777.xml

I'd copy and paste the relevant numbers here, but they don't format
properly. Just over half those polled say she is doing a good job --
and nearly 1 of 5 NY Dems say they disapprove of the job she's doing.
Her negatives are significantly higher than Schumer's.

She has passed no significant legislation and has pissed off voters in
parts of upstate NY by nodding her head vigorously while on her
"listening tour" and then promptly ignoring them once she got to
office.

Also, she has a reputation as being very difficult when it comes to
working with constituents. Even Steven Brill )not exactly a
right-winger) has confirmed that she was not at all helpful to
families of 9/11 victims -- her constituents.

In other words, she hasn't exactly made her mark legislatively and she
and her staff seem to forget that they're there to serve us, not vice
versa. So I don't know who, other than left-wing extremists, are
saying that she's doing a good job. After seeing the reaction she got
at last year's Israel Day Parade, I really don't know if she could win
re-election here.

>>What about him? His foreign policy is far closer to yours than to mine.
>
>That is true, but hes a hard-core fire-eating conservative. Uh, and Im not.

Him who? You did so much snipping that I've forgotten who we're
discussing! :)

>>The *only* American flags I've seen at anti-war rallies are those on
>
>They probably feel disinfrancised, because theyre being called "traitors" for stating their opinion. Still, theres hopeNewt Gingrigh recently agreed with Dachelle about diplomacy failures causing the warI wonder if Rush is going to call him on it.

Actually, no, Gingrich did *not* agree with Daschle. While Daschle
criticized President Bush, Gingrich leveled his criticism at the State
Department.

>>Someone who was trespassing and refused to leave a privately-owned
>establishment.
>
>Someone with a Give Peace A Chance shirt on and who was harassed for it. Come on. Busting someone for that is extreme.

Maybe, but it is the store or mall owner's right to tell someone to
get off privately owned property -- especially if that person is
handing out propaganda literature and trying to engage others in
confrontations. I don't agree with it, but it is his right.

>> As for Clinton, I don't remember anyone here calling him a
>traitor
>
>When he supposedly "gave" secrets to the Chinese (as if he had anything to do with it).

Sold, not gave. <G>

>>And no, I don't think I overestimated you. In fact, despite our
>differences, I have to confess that I like you -- you seem like a fun guy
>
>I am, I am! Good to have at parties. Well, Im glad youre taking it as its meant, and not getting upset.

Hey, being a born and bred New Yorker *and* conservative means
developing a thick skin and knowing how to put that stuff in
perspective. :)

Is it tough being liberal where you are? And would you like to trade
junior senators? <G>

>>some grief here and possibly cause you to be ostracized, and for that I apologize. :)
>
>What could be worse than admitting I agree with Robert Novak? And Pat Buchanan, but then even a broken clock is right twice a day.

True, true! :)

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org