Re: free speech and protestors

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 23:28:58 -0400, Sroundtable@aol.com wrote:

>Mark writes:
>
>> How many anti-war protesters have been arrested so far? How many pro-war protesters? I rest the case. Several hundred people have been arrested so far.
>
>Many anti-war protestors have been BREAKING THE LAW.  How many hard-working hourly wage-earners have lost money because these idiots with nothing but time on their hands block main thoroughfares in cities?  When one breaks the law, one gets arrested.  How many pro-war demonstrators have broken the law?  It's "peaceable" assempbly, Mark, and blocking public streets and creating safety hazards is not peaceable.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say FAR fewer than the others.

As someone who has been to a few of the pro-US/Support the Troops
rallies and has watched some of the
anti-war/anti-Bush/anti-America/free Mumia/hate Israel/love
Palestinian terrorists/worship bloody dictators rallies, I can see a
HUGE difference between the two groups.

Without going through an entire list, I think that the biggest
difference is that at just about every anti-war/anti-US rally here in
NYC, at least a few police officers wind up in the hospital, thanks to
the so-called "peaceful" types. They've even attacked NYPD *horses*.

It's not the majority of the anti-war people -- just a few -- but that
*never* happens with the pro-USA rallies.

Another difference is that you never see a US flag at an anti-war
rally -- unless it's being desecrated or "altered."

Oh, and we go out of our way to not inconvenience people.

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org