free speech and protestors

Mark writes:

> How many anti-war protesters have been arrested so far? How many pro-war protesters? I rest the case. Several hundred people have been arrested so far.

Many anti-war protestors have been BREAKING THE LAW.  How many hard-working hourly wage-earners have lost money because these idiots with nothing but time on their hands block main thoroughfares in cities?  When one breaks the law, one gets arrested.  How many pro-war demonstrators have broken the law?  It's "peaceable" assempbly, Mark, and blocking public streets and creating safety hazards is not peaceable.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say FAR fewer than the others.

There have also been far fewer pro-war rallies than anti-war rallies, as there is far less incentive to march when your opinion is held by those in power.  This might also account for the discrepancy.

Alan writes:

> >simply for expressing an opinion. I haven't heard of that happening

Mark responds:

>Please take advantage of the fine links Scott P. posted and >find out what's going on. Just because you haven't heard,
>that doesn't mean it's not happening.

Did you read the articles, Mark?  Not one of them deals with free speech and expressing one's opinion.  They all deal with the justice departments treatment of suspected terrorists.

Mc