entwistle's tommy songs

> Entwistle's songs are weak and out of place amongst the songs and
> themes by Pete......for *me!* (and that's what
> matters...for *me!*)
>
> AEB~

Here is my one among "billions and billions" of opinions.  I actually enjoy the gear changes Tommy does with Cousin Kevin and Uncle Ernie, and I think they actually fit perfectly.  They flow exceptionally well, for example, in the movie and the stage version.  I think Pete probably commissioned John to write these due to John's penchant for the dark and disturbed.  To me they are a crucial part of the whole of Tommy.  By themselves, the songs aren't very strong (IMHO), but if listening to the whole opera, they are excellent.

Mc