From: Sroundtable@aol.com
To: TheWho@igtc.com
Subject: entwistle's tommy songs
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 20:59:26 -0500

> Entwistle's songs are weak and out of place amongst the songs and
> themes by Pete......for *me!* (and that's what
> matters...for *me!*)
>
> AEB~

Here is my one among "billions and billions" of opinions. I actually enjoy the gear changes Tommy does with Cousin Kevin and Uncle Ernie, and I think they actually fit perfectly. They flow exceptionally well, for example, in the movie and the stage version. I think Pete probably commissioned John to write these due to John's penchant for the dark and disturbed. To me they are a crucial part of the whole of Tommy. By themselves, the songs aren't very strong (IMHO), but if listening to the whole opera, they are excellent.

Mc