Lovely Opinions

In a message dated 10/11/02 3:08:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bushchoked@yahoo.com writes:

> But they are different.  The reason that I brought that up is that opinions
> are opinions.
>
> OK, but what I'm talking about is not opinion.

Is it  fact then?

I brought up Lew because he has a very long history with The Who.  He was
there in the 60's paying $4 to see them in rooms with empty seats.  He has
seen them in the glory days first hand.  He was invivted to join Keith Moon
at his table and conversed with him.  This is really impressive, and he
doesn't use it to belittle our experiences of the band.  He said that he was
wrong for saying negative things about Roger Daltrey, or at least gave him
the credit that is due nowadays. When a man admits he is wrong, his words
gain weight.  (it is a fact that Roger is singing better now than in 2000)
My point is that there are others that have vast Who experience and were
"there".  But you have disagreed with him on the Tommy movie and the 2002
tour.  If you are using your experience to support your argument, I will
point to Lew's experience to prove that it is just your opinion.

It is much more difficult to build something than it is to tear something
down.  Pete and Roger have heard negative shit their entire careers. They
built this band.  No one knows it better than they do and they feel
comfortable going out on the road.  They are a working band that is in a
particular phase.  I think that it is a good phase, you do not.  That is just
our opinions.

I trust Pete Townshend in this matter.  Not because I am a sheep, but because
I see what he has built.

It is a two sided thing with this band.  That is what is so incredible about
the live shows.  Remember what Keith said?  "When we have given our all and
the audience gives nothing back, that is when the instruments go".

Jon in Mi.