-

Deep breath, Jeff.
In.  Hold it.  Out.
Ahhh.
OK, I'll take a shot at this.
Sigh.
(The following is heavily edited.)

Mark Leaman: "Experience is not a fair measure? That's bullshit."

That's not what I said. Yes, you did just create bullshit.

 "And you've missed the point anyway. I hesitate to explain, for you'll
probably claim I'm "condescending." "

There's nothing wrong with condescending, which you do constantly. I think
it is a rhetorical tool that can be employed in the right situation and have
a desired effect.  It can also be insulting, depending on the context.  It's
a bit like profanity in that way, but I wouldn't expect you to accept an
analogy that I offer.  That would be asking too much.

 "But you should know I was talking about prejudging the Pino band...which I
did not do. You shouldn't have assumed otherwise."

All I said was that you had preconceptions.  You did.  You cannot compare
something from the past to something of the present without preconceptions.

What does experience bring to a person's judgements and reasoning?  I think
it brings preconceptions.  I used a different word than you did, because I
thought you would want to retain control of the meaning of your word.

Semantics are fun, huh? :-)

"It's already been established that when you try to analyse what I've said
or done, you get it wrong across the board."

In your mind, that's probably true.
Nice use of passive verbs to establish your premise.

It is pretty annoying when someone tries to sum up and analyze your thoughts
for you, isn't it?  And I'm just doing it over some trite rock music
subjects.  Imagine how galling it is when someone analyzes your thoughts of
an interpersonal relationship.

 "But I have been seriously studying Rock music for 33 years now. I have
worked sound with a world class Rock band and some lessor ones as
well....I've been...I know...I currently...I know this band like few people
do. ...I know ...I have...Not an opinion, mind you...a CONCLUSION...I bring
my entire Rock experience to the table here, and I think that's what is
unique about my take on these things..."

Who are you competing with and why?  Are you trying to esablish your
authority?  Are you demanding respect because you are someone special?
You're a person with two ears, a brain, a computer and some experience -
much like the rest of us.  No more, no less.

As I said in a previous post, I am a snide sarcastic prick when I encounter
self-importance.  Sometimes I just think that way.  Sometimes I share.
Snideness and sarcasm really get under the skin of self-important people.  I
think this is the crux of our confilct at the moment.

 "...but it could as easily be said that those who are raving about this
tour are merely justifying their attendence, because the "record" (Encore
shows) suggests otherwise."

 Has anyone said that?  Are you?

Again, a very nice device you've used here.  It would be like me saying
"...it could easily be said that Mark is a *$%&.  I'm not saying that he is
but it could be said."  Passive verbs are a cool trick.  Lawyers use this
device to toss out nasty bullshit without having to take responsibility for
it.  This trick is not dishonest, just slippery.  I've been known to use the
same trick :)

BTW, I received the Jones Beach Encore show today.  I think it is great.
My reaction is my truth.  Your "truth" is not.

"No, when it all comes down to it, I'm getting this shit because I'm not
falling in with the party line that this band can do no wrong. If that's
what expected of me, there's going to be a lot of disappointed people out
there..."

I'm disagreeing with you on your take on the current performances and nearly
every other opinion you've voiced about The Who post-Ox.  I don't know what
the party line is.  I really don't think there is a party.  If there was a
party, I imagine that you would expect to be part of the leadership.

I just think you're wrong and your opinion deserves no more respect than
anyone else's, regardless of your experiences or your ability to know the
truth in all things musical.  I will continue to voice my disagreement as
long as I see fit.  I will use various devices to voice my disagreement.

Did I mention that Aerosmith's "Rocks" is a great album?  It is.

Party on,
Jeff