Re: Accuracy in reporting and GET THE GRAND RAPIDS SHOW

In a message dated 10/9/02 11:46:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bushchoked@yahoo.com writes:

> I am trying to be fair and completely accurate. I can step outside my "Who
> fandom" to see what's what.

Mark,
I hear ya.  I agree with your being true to the real situation.  I respect
that for sure. It gives real credibility where it is due and cuts down on the
bullshit.

The thing about Roger is that he sings so hard that he does get ragged at
times, but sometimes mysteriously snaps right out of it.  I bet that he is
even puzzled by this. Surely being 58 has a bit to do with it!  Not bad
though.

The reason that I spoke up is that I just got my Grand Rapids cd and it just
blows Detroit away.  I was at both shows and GR was definately my favorite.
They kicked ass right from the start and were in great moods all the way
except where in the MG jam, Pete's string broke just as he was about to leave
his body and I believe he threw a fit,  during which ZAK STARKEY put pedal to
metal full throttle and just *exploded* like thunder with  these incredible 6
beat machine-gun shots and Pete took his frustrations out on WGFA like I have
never heard this song. At the arena my mouth was dropping and it just
happened again in my truck.  The end of WGFA is by far the best I ever heard
and it was a moment. Those guys are simply unreal.  I remember strangers
walking up to me in GR on the way out and saying "did we just see that?" with
blank stares in their eyes.  It must be heard at concert volume (Around 22 on
an Alpine stereo+a 300W amp) to get the real effect of The Who.

Man, if shows are better than this one, I am going to have to get them all
for sure. I think that going to this show is one of the highlights of my life
and that is not just my fandom talking.  I sat in the high dollar seats with
a bunch of corporate people that go to the shows because their company pays
for their seats.  Alot of them didn't know much about the Who.  One dude told
me that he had "wbn, you know, sort of a greatest hits album I think" I said
man, you are in for a treat.  He got pissed  because his wife was dancing
with me throughout the whole show, (not my idea) but by the end of sparks we
were high fiving and he said You are so right!!  That was a trip.ha ha.  Oh
yeah, you can actually hear the crowd on this one!

Jon in Mi.