Smoking

>From: "rjbeal@maine.rr.com" <rjbeal@maine.rr.com>
>Subject: [none]
>
>I also don't understand why people still smoke
>cigarettes either.  Not that I have no vices; I eat too much, but I'm
>trying to do something about that.  I wish everybody who smoked would make
>the effort to quit.

I think I can add some perspective here.
I smoked cigs from age 17 through 25.  Averaging a pack a day.
I then quit.  Cold turkey. Had to.  I'm not stupid.  I want to enjoy a full
and healthy life (relatively speaking).
Played a hell of a bunch of basketball to get by.  Always had a ball in my
hands.
It was more a matter of retraining my life habits than getting over the drug
addiction.
But, I still LOVE to smoke.

Anyone reading this, who has met me, is thinking, 'Hey, I saw you smoke at
the show!'
Yep, you did.
To me smoking is a time of celebration.
Plus, what a great enhancement to a partying buzz!
If I could, I would smoke all the time.  What a great and relaxing "time
out" from life's tensions and stress.  It's a moment of "me" time.

Prior to Boston II, the last cig. I smoked was the day after Hershey.  Prior
to that (mini tour) it was around Christmas while visiting some of my
smoking friends.
My last sig. was the morning after Boston II sitting on the roof at 6:30am
of my buddy Jess's apartment in downtown Boston.

I don't even have the slightest urge to smoke now.
This is a great place to be.  But, I can feel the beast of cig. addiction
lurking.  I fear him.  I'll never go back.

So, to wrap up, follow Rick's advise and quit.  If not for you, then for
those who want you around in some sort of functional way.

As I posted here some years ago, I wish John had quit.

Kevin in VT