Re: You can't get women with only Science

> Religion and philosophy are two of the biggest hindrances to seeing
> and understanding God.

For you personally - because you've manufactured your own religion.
You want to believe that your brand of faith is somehow more pure &
honest than the world's organized religions when all you've really
done is pick aspects of certain organized religions that suit your
purpose.  The religion you've made up in your mind is as organized &
dogmatic as Catholicism.  You're no different.

> Love is not biological. I am not referring to the need to reproduce
> to sustain the species "instinct" here.  We are humans. You did not
> answer my question.

No, I *did* answer your question; it just wasn't the answer you want-
ed to hear.  Again, you're ignoring the facts so the house of cards
that is your faith will remain standing.

You want to believe humans are separate from the rest of the animal
kingdom because to think otherwise, even though the evidence is strong,
is disconcerting.

Even with all the DNA studies that show that humans are extremely
similar to apes (and fruit flies, for that matter), you continue to
cling to unverifiable, mystical ideas & reasoning.

Rather than present your evidence (which you cannot) you claim that
your faith is "beyond science" & say nonsensical things like, "There
is no such thing as Love DNA," or other such useless statements that
only show how closed your mind is to the truth.

You're bombarded with evidence contrary to your spiritual beliefs all
the time yet your only defense is little, salty quips which imply an
arrogance & blindness to the facts.

"Ha, ha, ha," you laugh, "I don't need science or facts to justify my
faith."  Well, you know what?  I do.  Prove it to me.  And without am-
biguities & untestable little sayings.  Can't do it, can you?  Until
you can I'm not making any leap of faith.  Why should I leap when I
can stand firmly on scientific reasoning?

> We're not merely animals, Scott.

Hmmmm....then God is a(n) hilarious practical joker to design us so
similarly to animals.  But you can ignore all that, can't you?

> I have never seen any animal worship anything ever.

Another nonsensical response.  As if worshipping something proves that
man is of a higher order.  The worshipping of things only shows that
man has a need to search for meaning & purpose in life, unlike the rest
of the animal kingdom.  And this comes about not from any higher rank-
ing or divine gift but from a more advanced, inquisitive mind.

> Humans have the innate need to worship something higher than them-
> selves. Think about it.

No, humans have an innate need to understand their universe & their
role in it.  Religion & worship were invented to help answer those
questions; to enable man to feel that he has some control over his des-
tiny; to make man feel less helpless.  Think about *that.*

> No souls?  Then what left John's body when he died?

Nothing.  He simply died.  Prove otherwise, if you can.  Can you?

> Animals even have souls.

Yes, I know lots of people who can't wait to be reunited with good 'ole
Poochy up in Heaven.  It's comforting to believe nonsense, isn't it?

> The difference between us and the other animals is that we have a
> spirit.

Ahhh....yet another unprovable, ambiguous statement.  What an argument
you're presenting.

> No animal except us was created in the image of God.  This makes
> us *vastly* different.

I pray that when you get up to Heaven God turns out to be a big rhino.
Don't you see the hubris in your statement?  Not only do you create a
God but you create him in your own image!  Is God a man or a woman?
Is God black or white?  Or Japanese?  What kind of clothes does he
wear?

I mean, if you're gonna make stuff up, you might as well go the whole
nine yards, right?  Is God gay or straight?  Heavy-set?  Skinny?  Does
he need deodorant?  Come on!  Let's make stuff up!  Let's have fun!
Let's play religion!

> We could learn quite a lot from second graders.  They have open minds.

And what do you know about an open mind?  You've created your own com-
fortable religion & refuse to acknowledge any evidence to the contrary.
Rather than keep an open mind & weigh the evidence, you've closed your
mind & decided that, for some unknown reason, *you* yourself have all
the answers.  No proof, but all the answers.  That's sick.

> Pete IS trying to open us up.

Well, he's managed to open up my wallet a few times!

> I know this because he said "Tell me now!!  Give me an answer!!..."

Boy, that's *some* concrete proof.  I've asked you the same thing in
regards to proving your faith & all I've gotten in return is religious
clichis & untestable statements.

> When genuine spirituality turns into a religious ritual or an org-
> anization, the impact is gone.

According to you & your own personal, made-up religion.  But you're
in the minority, I fear.

> It becomes an oligarchy.  Tommy was no Jesus.  Jesus is a God-man.

No, Tommy was identical to Jesus.  A nothing-man who was propelled to
spiritual heights when in reality he was the same as everyone else.
More manufactured fantasy for people to project their fears & desires
upon.

- SCHRADE in Akron
"Don't want no religion...."