Re: You can't get women with only Science

In a message dated 11/11/02 10:11:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us writes:

> The religion you've made up in your mind is as organized &
> dogmatic as Catholicism.

For one thing, what I have seen I did not make up.  I just saw it. I shared
some of what I have seen. I tell people about good restaurants, too.  I am
confident about what I have seen thus far, and I feel no need to apologies
for this confidence.  You can call it dogma if you like.  Your comparison to
Catholicism is based only on the hope of winning an argument.  You do not
know what I know.

>>No, I *did* answer your question; it just wasn't the answer you want-
ed to hear. Again, you're ignoring the facts so the house of cards
that is your faith will remain standing.

I asked: What is love?  You said it is the same as asking what is hunger.
No, it is not the same.  When I saw The Who (back on topic teeny boppers and
Donnie and Marie fans) in '97 Pete said something from the stage that went
something like this..."One... you've got a mind...Two you've got to fight!
and Three....you've got to Love...  This love is not for the continuing of
the species.  I Love my brothers and sisters.  I love my wife.  She cannot
have children anymore but I still love her.  She has a major problem that is
too much for my limited love to take.  I broke through to a much bigger love
for her with NO limit that you seem to know nothing about or care to know
about. That's OK though.  I have ample proof of this love's reality.  I have
enough proof in my life experience to pound you into the ground if the list
could take it.  This is something that is very real.  I don't really care to
"win" here. I am already winning in my life.  My house of cards is quite
stable, but I do have a one legged stool.

>>You're bombarded with evidence contrary to your spiritual beliefs all
the time yet your only defense is little, salty quips which imply an
arrogance & blindness to the facts.

What scientific fact did I deny?  I get salty to match the tone set by you.
I am the nice guy here.   Remember? ;)

>>"I don't need science or facts to justify my
faith." Well, you know what? I do. Prove it to me. And without am-
biguities & untestable little sayings. Can't do it, can you?

I could only do it if you were truly open.  I can't make you drink.  But I
know that you are thirsty.

>>And what do you know about an open mind? You've created your own com-
fortable religion & refuse to acknowledge any evidence to the contrary.
Rather than keep an open mind & weigh the evidence, you've closed your
mind & decided that, for some unknown reason, *you* yourself have all
the answers. No proof, but all the answers. That's sick.

Are you getting mad, Scott?  I thought we were just having a discussion here?
 I already said that I appreciate scientific discovery and I enjoy it's
benefits.  If something is proven, I agree with it. However, there are
certain basic things that science has not been able to explain. Much of my
proof is subjective proof, which means that I own it. I also have an enormous
amount of objective proof that you deny as being the result of being designed
by God. The proof is there.  You choose to reject it. The Banana peel does
have seams.  It tastes good.  It is good for us.  It is not just a banana
tree seed. This one tiny example is all the proof I need to open up to the
thought that somebody *may* have actually done this.  When I see a Rolex
watch, I am completely sure that someone made it.  It keeps pretty good time,
but the earth keeps better time. Something set it and is keeping it in
perfect order while it hangs and spins in the middle of space while revolving
around the sun right on time at the perfect distance away from it for life
here to flourish.  The sun is a huge ball of gas that does not burn out but
it gives us warmth and energy and is beautiful to look at at sunset. I could
go on and on.  Why is nature beautiful to us?  Why do I love the smell of
Lilacs?  Why are babies cute and soft? Why do we enjoy the beauty of the
universe?  Is it all just meaningless?  Something inside of me tells me No!!

Also, there is a book written by the human hand, but no human alone can
understand it.  This amazing book is the bible.  There is no other book
anywhere that can compare.  I have seen what is revealed in this book. Sadly,
many dull, dim, religious folks have used it as a weapon to beat others
with-to their shame-but there is the truth beneath the black and white
letters that is incredibly mind blowing. When this truth became my
experience, I was convinced. God gave this book to us and it is FULL of
proof. It is His very breath.  To receive it's benefit, you must know the key
to understanding it. It is by opening to this God, by using our human spirit,
something this book reveals that we have.  No other book reveals this.

This is a crucial subject.  It is not a light matter to consider why we were
born.  We should all endeavor to find out through any means possible to rise
out of the muck and live the life that we were meant to live.  Pete is such a
man.  Did he find out what it is yet? I don't know, but I applaud him for his
honest searching. I know that I *did* find something.  I owe no one any
apologies for this.  Am I against science? No way.  I am thankful for
science.

There once was an article in which Einstein was asked wether or not he
believed in God.  He replied, "Your question is an insult to me.  How could a
scientist such as I not believe in God?"  If you study science it will tell
you that there is a God.

Jon in Mi