Re: You blinded me with Science

> Ah, I think you might be wrong there.

Wouldn't be the first time!

> Pete is opening the door a crack, because he knows humans can't
> resist trying to find out what's behind the door.

You mean "who's" behind the door?  Isn't that a Zebra song?

> Using our instincts to further his goal.

I think *you're* wrong, though.  I believe Pete writes for himself
first.  Whatever follows....follows.  If the listener decides to ex-
plore further then so be it.  But you make it sound like Pete's mak-
ing little "puzzles" out of his songs to try and "guide" us to some
ultimate knowledge.  Sounds a bit too egotistical to me.  I'm not
buying that.

> > Look what happened when Tommy started laying down the dogma. The
> > faithful revolted.  It all collapsed.  What was Pete saying there?

> That humans are for the most part too impatient and selfish to sit
> still long enough to get the message. Also that being right is the
> easiest way to get yourself in trouble.

You're way off base here.  He was saying that once you impose a rigid
set of rules about what people can believe, how people can act, etc.,
you've blocked the very path that can lead them to a clearer under-
standing, a higher insight, if you will.

It's the religious doctrine that confines & limits a person's growth -
be it a spiritual growth or just a type of self-realization.

Maybe he was saying we all have to cut our own individual path and
that we shouldn't necessarily look to others to create the path for
us.

Then again, maybe I *am* wrong(!).  Anyway, that's the interpretive
path I've cut for myself.

- SCHRADE in Akron