Re: Half A Who Fan

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:42:54 -0500, "Scott Schrade"
<schrade@akrobiz.com> wrote:

>I guess I understand that point of view but everytime I meet one of those "half a Who
>fans" I'm always left a bit puzzled & disgruntled.  It's like, "You're almost there!
>You're so close!  Let's complete your training!  Much excitement awaits you!"
>
>(sigh)
>
>Anyone else ever met "half a Who fan?"

Yes. My dad. Granted he only became a Who fan after watching them at
the CFNY on VH1, but he doesn't want to hear much of anything if "it
isn't like what they played that night."

I've played CDs and videos from various Who eras, but he's not all
that interested unless it's from "Who's Next" and "Who Are You" (oh,
and he likes 5:15) and that ilk. When I played the "Who's Better,
Who's Best" video for him, he was not very interested in the early
stuff.

And this is all very strange because prior to the CFNY, he never liked
anything harder than Buddy Holly and Bobby Darin -- and what I call
"old school country." And now he's going with me to the first show at
MSG.

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org