Re: Half A Who Fan

There does seem to be a split within Who fandom.  We discussed the periods
before, and I was in favor of breaking it down as Early, Middle and Late.  I
think there are a number of UK fans who still prefer the Early period.

The way The Who morph is, of course, the reason for their longevity, and
it's great to enjoy all the changes.  I do have to admit to liking the
Middle and Late period better than the punkish Early period myself.  I'm not
a big Punk fan.

It's true that their early work was heartfelt and very creative, but I love
the technical expertise of the later Who.

keets

>Then, about 6 songs into their set they launch into "I Can't Explain."  OK,
>now I'm fairly sure the guitar dude *must* be a Who fan.  He's *really*
>into it.
<snip>

GD:  Well, not a whole lot.  A few.  I don't listen to much after TOMMY.
ME:  Really?  That's writing off a lotta good stuff.  OK, question number
two:  What's your favorite album by The Who?
GD:  (face lighting up)  Oh, MY GENERATION, definitely.
ME:  QUADROPHENIA?  You don't even listen to QUADROPHENIA?
GD:  Oh, I've heard it.  I just prefer the old stuff.  Before TOMMY.