Re: Vintage WHO ARE YOU Review

>I guess Pete can switch gears when he wants to.  Which begs the question:
>Why can't he switch to the "Who rock song" gear for the new studio album?

Because he's been there, done that?  He's easily bored, remember?  ;)

I don't care what he does.  I love a lot of his later stuff, and I think it
would be great for Who songs.  The Who sounded terrific on "Eminence Front"
(for example) and it's a long way from a rock beat.  Pete should just take
whatever he wants to write now and let The Who interpret it.

If you're wishing for a return to more simplicity, that may be the same
thing I've been complaining about with the "overworked" comments.  The
lyrics on WAY sound artificial in many ways--too thought out--while the best
Who lyrics are shetchy and suggestive.

keets