Bored, very, very, very, very, bored

>From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>
 >Subject: Re: Bored, very, very, very, very, bored
>
>>"Man, Pete's bored.  His hardest-core fans are getting bored or becoming
>>disillusioned. People are pissed about ticket prices.  High prices are a
>>sign that The Who doesn't give a shit about their fans."

>This is an awfully awful view, don't you think?

Absolutely, and I don't believe a fucking word of it.

>Is there any way the glass might actually be half full?

There indeed is a way.
The Who do what they have stated they will do, and that's to go into the
studio (like they've said).  To stay "in tune" for that (like they've said),
they embark on a short, non-stressing, tour.  Nothing too big, but just
enough to stay in touch and keep the juices flowing.  Keep the rust off.
Yeah, they (the all inclusive they that doesn't just mean the band and their
management) call it another tour, but what does that really mean?  Can't The
Who be professional musicians and simply play together to stay in practice,
while at the same time making a bit of money off of their well deserved
successful careers?  It's a damn good show, even to watch The Who "staying
in tune".  And hell, don't we *want* The Who to stay in tune, to keep
playing together, working at keeping it interesting while they prepare for
going into the studio?
Does anyone doubt that they *are* going into the studio?
I mean, they said they would.
It's out.
To back out now......that would suck.

Yes, it's taking longer than we expected.
These guys are older though.  They've been around for crying out loud.
They've felt the pressures, and strains, and all have learned that life is
the most important thing.  At least Pete knows.
He values his spare time to noodle and such.  He doesn't want to feel the
pressure anymore, and if allowing him extra time to feel the situation out
means getting new music, and music they're happy with, then damn I'm all for
waiting.
In the mean time, I get to watch them play hard-driving-rock.....live......l
ike only The Who can.  And, some songs they haven't played in a long time.

THEN, if things work out, if the desire, interest, and feeling of
cooperation and unity are there, they'll kick out a new album.
AND, if we're really lucky, maybe one or two songs will catch on and get
some attention.
What's next?
Oh yeah, a nice tour to really mix it all up.

>Kevin O:  "What....the fuck....happened at RAH?????"
>Greatness.

*THANK* You!

>I'm getting a feeling as well.  One thing that has happened this year that
>is entirely different than any other Who tour in my memory is that people
in
>my real life have been saying they would like to go to a show.

Funny, the same thing is happening with my friends.
The parties this go 'round are going to be huge. :-)

>From: Bjorn Cigar
>Subject: Re: JAB
>
>Yes, but you *NEED* brokers to get you a ticket within the first 10 rows,

Not true.
I had 7th row at Camden in 2000.  Got 'me at cost on the net from TM.
I had 12th row at Cleveland in 2000.  Got 'me at cost on the net from TM.
My friend Stud could of had 2nd row at Nissan in 2000.  That's what the guy
in line at the venue behind him got.  The guy in front of him got 1st row.
Since we previously decided on getting 2nd tier priced seats (wanted to be
with a bunch of friends who didn't want to spend the big $$), that's what
Stud went for.  He got 1st row center in the 2nd tier seats.
Boston?  Yeah, we got lawn.  But, that's also what we went for, again due to
friends we wanted turn The Who on to.  THE VERY SAME friends who now want up
close tax for Boston.

You don't *have* to do brokers.
I won't.  Never have.
And, I always have the absolute best time with great people, and seats that
are great to view the greatest music.

Funny enough, the lawn at Boston was one of my more favorite times.
Out in the fields.
Community.
(7th row Camden didn't suck though ;)

Stay in Tune,