Re: Bored, very, very, very, very, bored

Kevin O'Neal wrote:

> Man, Pete's bored.  His hardest-core fans are getting bored or becoming
> disillusioned. People are pissed about ticket prices.  High prices are a
> sign that The Who doesn't give a shit about their fans.
>
> What....the fuck....happened at RAH?????

On Thursday, the first show at RAH, Pete continued with his questionable actions
& statements by stating how bored he was. After that, later in the show, when
Roger came out (between WGFA & the encore) and gave a very passionate speech
about the kids the concerts were for and what to do about their situation, Pete
comes out on stage and continues his nonsense comments by saying (I may be
paraphrasing here) "I don't know what Roger just said, but it's all lies."
?????? What is Pete saying????? He then follows this line by saying, "who gives
a shit?"  Again, I would venture to guess, leaving an audience to wonder what is
he doing, IMHO.

Also remember, at this show PT hardly uttered a word. It was the first show
after Watford, where he shocked the mostly British audience when he instructed
the audience on how to heckle him properly. It was at this time when he further
stuck his foot in his mouth by saying, "call me a twat, or tell me to stick
marbles down my throat", which was the poorly timed reference to the kid who was
killed for laughs, stabbed and was found with marbles down his throat.

> I've got a baaaaaad feeling in my gut that The Who is going to be smeared by
> the press this go 'round.
> There was momentum.  There was excitement and anticipation.
> Now, it seems like all of that is waning.
> Are they moving too slowly?

Let me restate this: The WHO are the most mis-managed band in the world. They've
allowed their audience to shrink to a very tiny number. Remember in '89, they
were selling out venues like Giants Stadium, approx 50-70,000 for 4 nights. Now
they barely fill halls with 1,300 in them in their hometown (just outside of
London) and by and large no one gives a shit.

I propose we take over the band's management, and throw a free concert in NYC's
Central Park!!! We set up a website for the fans that gets them the front row
seats and at least we'll know there are the fans there feeding the energy to the
band, not the corporate types who say, oh my, they're playin' Teenage Wasteland.
Just a thought. LOL! We'll even charge half the price but make money on the Babe
Coaster outside the venue. Hahahahahaha!!!

> I thought it was just one show where Pete may not have been on fire.
> Suddenly Pete is completely bored, and everything sucks.
> What happened to all those excited reviews about The Who on fire????

I'd say the 2nd Portsmouth is where he started slipping away. But he came back
strong at Watford, but his tongue got bored and made those silly comments. Maybe
he was trying to stir things up to keep himself from falling asleep. Just
kiddin' on that one, but I Can't Explain what the hell he was trying to do.

> >From: Deliphus01@aol.com
> >Subject: Re: JEB Controversy and a new Who album
> >
> >And if you think they're going to put out ANOTHER album anytime close to
> that release, you're
> >fooling yourself.
>
> Wouldn't, at this point, *not* putting out a new album be even more damaging
> to The Who's reputation than putting out a new album that is only fair?
> I mean, think of the field day the press is going to have smearing our
> boys.....
> Rolling Stones:  Who's going back on their word.
> Spin: Who's afraid
> Guitar Mag: Fans suckered to yet another reunion tour by Who's lies of a new
> album.

Sidenote: Speaking of the Rolling Stones: a friend of mine is an insider with
the Stones and Mick & Keith are heading to the islands to write the new RS
album. Then they will tour this summer.

magik