Re: disjointed

> I guess I mean sloppy.  Like I said, I've only been to one show this tour.
> I'll be in a better position to judge next week.

Yeah, OK.  The Boston show was together but.....sluggish?  I don't know.
The only fuck-ups that night were "I Can See For Miles" which sounded like
shite, "Another Tricky Day" which they thankfully seem to have hammered
into shape, & Daltrey twice introducing the incorrect song in the set.

> It sounds to me like Luke was talking about Pete's noodling, which I happen
> to like for the most part.

No, Luke didn't care for the run-of-the-mill setlist & the sound where his seats
were.  But, I think we've all learned that how good a concert sounds mostly
depends on where your seats are.

> Sometimes he seemed to meander so far away from the song that the others
> just kind of vamped behind him waiting for him to come back to earth.

There's a little of that but it's not like '79 when he was really fucked up on booze
& drugs & would selfishly venture out on his own, much to the rest of the band's
confusion.

Yes, they do leave "room" in some of the songs for Pete "do his thang."  How-
ever, he's great at giving nice big visual cues to Zak (& Pino) when it's time to
go into the next part of the song, change keys, etc., etc.  They've got that down
pat.

> If he goes far enough out, it just seemed to get disjointed.

Yes, that *can* happen sometimes & I'm sure the band senses it.  They know
exactly where the trouble spots are in the set.

> Goddammit, it's hard to discuss music in text form :-/

Just another tricky post........from you.

We'll get through!

- SCHRADE in Akron