Re: sting escaping the police

I like Pete's mellow stuff. It's the marketing thing. Pete is torn between being a recluse and being a success, so he's just not good at the marketing thing.

keets

Oh definitely. And he's gone on to have a very successful solo career - shifting down to a more mellow, adult contemporary sound. I've always felt that Pete was hoping for a mellow solo career on par with Sting's. Alas, that didn't happen.

Why is the idea of a "mellow Pete" dissatisfying for many (admittedly, even me)? Although I do like some of his mellow solo stuff, yet....... Oh, it's so confusing.

- SCHRADE in Akron