Re: sting escaping the police

In a message dated 8/25/2002 7:00:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> > Plant and Page are never going to escape Led Zeppelin, either.  They just
> > think they can.
>

> How did Sting escape The Police?  That's what I want to know.  ;-)
>
> - - SCHRADE in Akron

Interesting double entendre here.  Anyway, I think Sting was so much more
visible than the rest of the band, making it easier for him to break free.
Also, though the police had a number of big hits, they did not have the
"mega" status that Zep had and still has.  Zep's four members were all very
well-known, and many of their songs broke significant ground and had major
impacts on people's lives.  The Police were simply a very talented band with
some very popular songs and a great lead singer, but did not have the
profound impact on music that bands like Zep, the Who, Beatles, Stones,
Queen, Floyd, etc had.

mc