(no subject)

Some of you may or may not be aware of this recent publication,  some of you
may be planning to buy it,  but have as yet not,  some of you may be the
lucky owners of it already,  and you my friends are the sensible ones!

     I recently received my long awaited copy from Stew,  and what a
venerable feast it is to,  not as enormous or grandiose as the recent Dougal
or Halfin Who live book,  but a far more for me satisfying tome.  What I
really appreciate about this work,  is that, say unlike the aforementioned
publications,  where  the authors were in a way from within the bands
organisation,  Classic Concerts has come from a fan like me or you,  a crazy
fan who wanted nothing more than to share a legendary Who show with fellow
fans.  This is no 'out to make a quick buck'  venture on the back of the
bands name,  this is something totally different.  Stew has gone to hell and
back to get this book finally published,  time and time again,  he was let
down by printers who just ruined his photos with below par reproduction,
thank god for Stew,  for only wanted the best for his work and ultimately us
the potential readers,  he stuck at it.

And the results are truly wonderful,  you are taken  on an amazing journey
through the legendary night that was Tanglewood 7/7/70,  each photo exudes
the power and majesty of The Who,  windmills,  jumps,  twirling mics and
flaying arms are all caught on camera and presented for us on gorgeous high
quality satin-sheen pages.  Now Stew was no Professional,  but you would
never know this,  Stew somehow managed to get within three feet of Pete and
for the next 100 minutes snapped away,  capturing priceless and classic
imagery of this precious band,  on times, the band members are looking
directly into Stews lens,  he was that close.  Keen eyed viewers of the much
booted pro shot video,  can actually catch the camera of Stew flashing away,
what a totally awesome night this must of been for a fan.

Dependant on how this book sells (and it deserves to sell well),  Stew hopes
to unleash a second Classic Concert Volume,  with again never before seen
shots,  from the nights at Forest Hills in 1971,  I for one want to see this.

It was a privilage for me to open a book and not find the same old reprinted,
familiar photos of the band,  that seem to pop up in every supposed new
title,  none of these in Stews book have been seen before,  and this made it
all the more special.  I pulled out my Tanglewood boot audio,  put on my
headphones,  and fingered through the pages,  what a night it must of been,
and now I can experience it so much more.

Thanks Stew for a fantastic job.

Anyone who wants to find out more about this book  email Stew:-

classicwho@webtv.net  or visit   www.thewhoinconcert.com

cheers
Andrew

"As you can see,  an encore is impossible.
 We have drums everywhere.  As they go to
 the dressing room,  please say an
 incredible thankyou to The Who."
             Compere Jeff Dexter  The Oval  18/9/71