Re: scarf and suspenders

In a message dated 04/17/2002 1:20:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Er....why?  He's not wearing the suspenders in that footage.
>
> > Also- rog had to be wearing the sweater around his neck for YBYB,
> > because i have never seen the other video you mentioned.
>
> Well, I pulled the video & it looks like he's wearing a scarf!  Not a
> sweater.
> Seriously.  Scarf & white sports jacket.

You got me on both counts.  My mistake.  The TKAA footage is sans suspenders,
but he does have on a multi-colored nearly sleeveless shirt on, doesn't he?
I think that's why I'm almost embarrassed to show it.  And, yes- it IS a
scarf.  I had forgotten and mistaken it for a sweater.  The sentiment is
still the same- it looked REAL bad.  I mean, the Who had the image as the
"bad boys" of rock and roll- trashing hotels and breaking amps and
instruments, then come out with that ridiculous wardrobe and hair for that
video.  Didn't look like the band that sang "Who the FUCK are you," but when
people watched that I'm sure they thought, "Who the fuck is that?"  I guess
after Keith's death they tried to come full circle away from that "bad boy"
image, since he was such a huge part of it.  Just a thought.

mc