Re: keith's drumming on WAY and 1978 review

Keets wrote:

> However, I read a review (i think i got the link from this list) that
> criticizes the WAY album and especially describes Moon's drumming as "
> pedestrian" and "uninspired" compared to his earlier work.  I have now read
> several posts here that rave about keith's drumming as amazing on WAY.  Can
> anyone explain what might have caused the writer state that about Keith, or
> was he just full of shit and ignorant about what makes good drumming.

Pete summed it up on the ' Empty Glass ' Album.........

But did you read the stuff that Julie said?
Or little Jimmy with his hair dyed red?
They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead
Is that exactly what I thought I read?

Typewriter tappers, you're all just crappers
You listen to love with your intellect
A4 pushers, you're all just cushions
Morality ain't measured in a room he wrecked

Anyone can buy some leather
Ain't no better than wearing sheep
Anyone can sell lucky heather
But you can see that words are cheap

But did you read the stuff that Julie said?
Or little Jimmy with his hair dyed red?
They have a standard of perfection there
That you and me can never ever share

Typewriter bangers on, you're all just hangers on
Everyone's human 'cept Jools and Jim
Late copy churners, rock and roll learners
Your hearts are melting in pools of gin

But I know for sure that if we met up  eye to eye
A little wine would bring     us closer,   you and I
'Cause you're right, hypocrisy will be the death of me
nd there's an I before E when you're spelling ecstasy

And .... you, you..... two

Did you hear the stuff that Krishna said?
Or know for you that Jesus' blood was shed?
Is it in your heart or in your head?
Or that the truth lay in the center spread?

Anyone can have an opinion
Anyone can join in and jump
Anyone can pay and just stay away
Anyone can crash and thump