re: Not captives

Some good points put forth Keets. The Palistinians have certainly gotten
some 'great' press over this. You are right, they aren't captives, however
I suggest that their access to both sides of any issue is quite controlled
- captives no, unless maybe captive of the mind - I suspect that they learn
and see nothing but anti-semetic and anti western (read USA) material from
the time they learn to read. I would also suggest that the film we see here
in the west is similarily biased, although not to the same extent - by far.
I believe in my mind (pray?) that those images reflect only orch'castrated'
(sp) gatherings created by rather more radical portions of the political
spectrum in that region.

Of course, the Palistinians are but one 'nation state' (although they don't
have a place to call home) that could be targeted by impulsive knee-jerk
reactionaries - and this is what scares me - there are lots of people who
are not aggressors, just people trying to survive in a world they don't see.

Steve