re: "settling the argument"

>yep, the who are better, that's why their "bbc sessions" album debuted at
>no. 101 and falling and the beatles "1" was no. 1 for 8 weeks on the
>charts.

In the case of The Who's BBC SESSIONS, I definitely think the O&S crowd
(meaning Luke and Fang) are right about the sound on this cd.  It was very
punkish material to start with--lots of tinny banging and ear-splitting
feedback--and it was made up with a bright, sharp edge to it that makes it
painful to listen to.  It's not something that average nostaligic Boomers
are going to buy, and it didn't attract the kids.  Therefore, it didn't sell
well.

Seems like the better strategy would have been to take some of the edge off
the material so it would have a broader appeal.

keets