Re: Respect and ML's fantasy MSG set

> Probably because Daddy's either jamming The Who or talking about The Who.

Scott:

Perish the thought! Besides, I play The Who a lot less than other bands,
except at the store where she isn't. In fact right now she's away at
college.

> Maybe that's her way of rebelling against you.  How old is she?  Come 18
she
> might turn into a rabid Who fan.  You never know.

Too late; she's 19.

> to these shows.  Tut tut back at ya!

Jeff;

Look, if the economy hadn't turned sour last November and continued downhill
(like a snowball in a Daffy Duck cartoon)...

> "The Who were great in particular." - former President Clinton

Brian:

Which is the perfect lead in to the main course of my note:

ML's fantasy MSG four-song set.

Bill Clinton: Seeing this next band live is better than getting a blow job
from an intern, heh. (gestures toward Hilary) Sorry dear. Anyway, they are
and always have been the greatest FUCKING live rock band in the world, and
anyone who's not here to see them doesn't deserve to be President, despite
all the hanky panky in his brother's state, heh heh. So light up, but don't
inhale, heh, because here they are THE WHO!!!

(wild unresrtained cheering, Pete steps up to the mike)

Pete Townshend: I'd like to dedicate this song to our armed forces.

Anyway Anyhow Anywhere

(policeman and firemen moshing, throwing each other onto the stage, Luke P.
being turned away by the guards as he tries to corner Pete about LALD)

Roger: Thanks a lot, we're honored to be here. This is a world wide effort
and we're just glad we had the chance to help. This next song is one Pete
wrote for the Lifehouse album, which wasn't made, but you might know it
better as Who's Next, only this one wasn't on it, but it's called Pure And
Easy!

Pure And Easy

(deep, intellectual looks on the faces of most of the crowd, a lot of
nodding like "yeah, we get it" and more unrestrained cheering, while the
pitiful few conservatives have puzzled, "I don't get it" faces and wait for
Bon Jovi or John Cougar Mellenbreath to come back out)

Pete: It's really nice to see everyone come together for this, it really is.
And with that in mind...

Join Together

(wild hugging, policewomen ripping off their tops, love in the streets, Luke
crowdsurfing)

Pete: One thing I would like to point out is that blind faith, nothing
personal Eric, that having blind faith in anyone or any belief or whatever
is wrong. It's OK to question your leaders if you think they've done wrong,
otherwise you're no better than bin Laden's people, right? And when this all
ends, and we hope it will, perhaps we can end it in hope. That would be
nice.

Love, Reign O'er Me.

(utter chaos)

Billy Crystal: Hey, what about The Who, huh? Huh?

(Pete knocks him off stage with his guitar and everyone goes home)

> The second best thing? Well, it was a tie between The Who and Mick
> Jagger/Keith Richards. In a five-hour presentation that rose and fell

Gee...Fox News have poor taste, are stupid politically AND they can't tell
time. It was 5 hours and 50 minutes.

"God may have mercy on you, but we won't."
        Senator John McCain

               Cheers                 ML