Pshychoderelict, Quad and Puppetry on stage

From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
"Since I'm in favor of emphasizing the erotica, I'll go with the media as
represented by the witchy girl.  I think this is the main thread in the
storyline, and the other characters should fall into supporting roles,
pulling Ray one way or the other.  Good symbolism, Ray courting the media,
etc."

We've gotta see the "withches teets".  I can picture a Britney look-a-like
singing "Flame" ;-)

When I was in New York a few weeks ago, I desperately wanted to do some
theater research to relate back to this very subject.  Unfortunately, the
show I *really* wanted to see had no matinee showings and my nights were
dedicated to The Ox.  Has anyone else been able to see "The Puppetry of the
Penis"?  This show has a GREAT hook.  Here's a review:
<http://www.botz.com/nytheatre/pp.htm>

Now, if we could get Roz to shows us her freaky body, tie Rastus up, beat
him a bit, and throw in some penis oragami ala the above show, then we will
have a huge hit on our hands :-)

"Do you think the inner conflict angle could be developed into enough of a
hook to sell it?"

If it is presented with some oragami, I think it could work.

"Look at the hype about Nicole Kidman on Broadway last
year.  Supposedly that was a very well-written dramatic piece, but who went
to see it for that reason?  They sold it with nudity."

My point, exactly.

"Sometimes I think the general public is afraid of emotion, and that it's
been a no-no in artfor some time."

True.  The huge problem with putting Quad on stage is that the device they
used to present the four personalities (The Who) is not present.  The
performance makes it hot, gives it character, and hits you between the eyes.
  Stage productions must be performed with bland music, because of the
number of performances.

"Did you go to see the Disney shows, Jeff?"

I've not seen the Broadway versions, but I've had mucho experience with the
movies and many of the chopped down live shows in Orlando, FL.

"Hot or cool?  Warm?"

The script and material of the Disney stuff is hot, the performances are
pretty cold.  Lion King in particular is sentimental, has broad humor,
violence, death, spirituality, romance, and some wonderfully powerful music
to bring all these feelings out.  This brings out what I was trying to say
about Psychoderelict - the material is cold.  At least the material in the
original is cold.  It could be reworked.

BTW, I've not heard White City in years.  I can't kick that around very well
:-)

Is it getting deep in here or what?  Whatever, I'm having fun :-)

Jeff