Re: Pshychoderelict, Quad and Puppetry on stage

>"Since I'm in favor of emphasizing the erotica, I'll go with the media as
>represented by the witchy girl.
>
>We've gotta see the "withches teets".  I can picture a Britney look-a-like
>singing "Flame" ;-)

Oooo.  All in black leather?

>When I was in New York a few weeks ago, I desperately wanted to do some
>theater research to relate back to this very subject.  Unfortunately, the
>show I *really* wanted to see had no matinee showings and my nights were
>dedicated to The Ox.  Has anyone else been able to see "The Puppetry of the
>Penis"?

We'll certainly have to get a group together and go see this one.  ;)

>Now, if we could get Roz to shows us her freaky body, tie Rastus up, beat
>him a bit, and throw in some penis oragami ala the above show, then we will
>have a huge hit on our hands :-)

With all that, do you suppose we'll have any room to develop the drama?  I
can see how it might turn into, "How are they going to get Rastus' oragami
untied?"

>True.  The huge problem with putting Quad on stage is that the device they
>used to present the four personalities (The Who) is not present.  The
>performance makes it hot, gives it character, and hits you between the
>eyes.  Stage productions must be performed with bland music, because of the
>number of performances.

I'm thinking the movie would be a better starting point for a Broadway show
than the rock opera.  It's got a fairly definite progression, if not a plot,
and you could hit the high spots on stage.  Party, fight with mom and dad,
party, vomit at work, party, fight on the beach, party, have sex, party,
take train to Brighton, crash, rebirth.  How's that?

>"Hot or cool?  Warm?"
>
>The script and material of the Disney stuff is hot, the performances are
>pretty cold.  Lion King in particular is sentimental, has broad humor,
>violence, death, spirituality, romance, and some wonderfully powerful music
>to bring all these feelings out.

That's curious.  I'd have thought they'd be fairly warm, as they seem aimed
so heavily at kids.  Elton John's songs seem fairly laid back these days,
but they still rock along pretty well.  It might just be the Orlando scene.
If it's at the Magic Kingdom, likely they're just going through the motions.

>This brings out what I was trying to say about Psychoderelict - the
>material is cold.  At least the material in the original is cold.  It could
>be reworked.

Yeah, unlike The Who's work, this one needs to be heated up.

>BTW, I've not heard White City in years.  I can't kick that around very
>well :-)

There's a video, but it's more obscure than the album.  I'll have to listen
to the songs more carefully--I've never heard a thread in them that sounds
like a storyline at all.

>Is it getting deep in here or what?  Whatever, I'm having fun :-)

:)

keets