RE: CharityInhaleGoingDownBookStatesman

> Again, he would have been hugely respected if he had just come out and
> clarified with a statement of "IT WAS A JOKE, of course I inhaled!  Didn't
> we all!"
> An opportunity lost, that paved the future.

Loath as I am to join in anything political on this list, I've always heard
it (probably from Robert Reich but I don't remember exactly) that Clinton
suffers from asthma and therefore couldn't inhale smoke without threatening
an attack. So, to try it, he pulled the smoke into his mouth but didn't
inhale.

In no way am I vouching for the veracity of this. There are so many untrue
statements about Clinton from people on both sides who have every reason to
lie that who's to ever know what's true?

Now back to Pete Townshend who smoked enough pot in the 1960's to get the
city of London high.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm