half screwy, half charm

keets  "...he never got around to the music, or to the cooperative effort
that makes it work."

For me that is much of the beauty.  The Who is more compelling and beautiful
that Pete alone.  Especially in 2000, when they were getting back to
enjoying working together.

keets  "You'd suspect he's one of those folks who think Pete is wasting his
time dinking around with The Who."

There have been times that Pete seems to be one of those.

keets  "The fact that Pete insists this should be popular entertainment
provides half the charm, though.  How may bands would come up with half the
screwy ideas?"

Very true.  That is the nature of Pop, isn't it?  Its got to be designed for
the masses and shoved down our throats with violence, sex and ear-splitting
volume for us to listen at all.  I for one would not have picked up on any
of the finer points of Pete's writing if there were no accompanying
sensationalism to catch my attention in the first place.

Kevin O "It cut right to the core of The Who and was quite
complementary.  Did kind of dismiss the rest of the band though."

Wow.  What contradiction, Kevin.  Are you a substitue for another guy or
what?

Jeff