RE: CharityInhaleGoingDownBookStatesman

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Denver download thoughts
>Also, I suspect these will be immediately available as bootlegs.  Not that
>I'm in favor of it, of course--just that I'm cynical.  Anybody have a
>suggestion how to trade the files without ripping off TED From: "Mark R.
Leaman"

I think the reality is that this download is going to be traded and booted.
I'll contribute $$ to the charity when I trade for a copy, but I'm kind of
strange that way.  I say this in hopes that eelpie will face this reality
and make it as easy as possible for strange one's like me to donate and then
sleep well at night.

>mleaman@sccoast.net
>Subject: Re: Downloadable Who; Aggression
>Kevin:
>He was; if you watch the footage he said it as an aside with a grin on his
>face. Definitely a joke.

I don't know Mark.  I've gone back and forth on this.  He looked
uncomfortable when he said it.  Like a little kid getting caught in a lie.
At first with a little grin, but then the deafening silence kind of
indicated seriousness.  This has actually been late night topic with my
buds.  Our conclusion, considering what we've seen since, is that it was the
first glimpse into "clintonese".
Again, he would have been hugely respected if he had just come out and
clarified with a statement of "IT WAS A JOKE, of course I inhaled!  Didn't
we all!"
An opportunity lost, that paved the future.

>BTW..."former?"

Ooooooo, I wonder if lines in the Oval Office are straight????????

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: Downloadable Who; Aggression
>
>> I'm going down 23-30 of june.
>
>...................nah.  I won't touch that one.

Go ahead Scott, you know you want to!   ;-)
<snicker>

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Jacket
>
>>Keets!  You're not saying you don't own a copy of the Max R&B book, are
>>you?  Tsk tsk.
>
>You got me.  <blush> Not into books just lately.

GAAAAAAASSSSSP!
I have to admit that I don't personally own my own copy either.  BUT, I have
had Stu's for several years now!!!
Stu, you need to come retrieve it!!!!  I'll never buy my own while I have
yours!!!
And bring my copy of "Behind Blue Eyes" !!!!
:-)
(hi Lori)

>From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
>Subject: Who think piece from The New Statesman
>
>Bullshit.
>This guy sort of sounds like a fan, but it reads like he would be surprised
>to learn that Kenny Jones is no longer in the band.  It is very difficult
>describe the impact of The Who's music without discussing the music itself.

>He gives Pete much credit for his words, but has no appreciation for the
>compositions or performances.
>
>A strange, puzzling article.

Wow, I kind of liked it.  It cut right to the core of The Who and was quite
complementary.  Did kind of dismiss the rest of the band though.  And the
Kenney comment was a bit out dated.

Man, where were you when I was battling that bastard from Spin Mag. ??????

Stay in tune,
Kevin in VT