Re: getting into the Who

>Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 13:02:42 +0100
>From: "Christine" <boristhespider@home4017.freeserve.co.uk>
>
>How did everyone else here get into the Who??  I bet this question has been
>asked a million times before I joined the list, but I'm interested to know.

A friend played Tommy for me straight through start to finish in
March 1970.  Until then I'd heard some singles (ICSFM, MB) on the
radio but hadn't paid any any more attention to them than to the
other great acts -- Beatles, Doors, Stones, Zep, etc.  After hearing
Tommy I went and bought a copy and nearly wore out the grooves.
Things just developed from there.

Cheers,
--
Alan