Re: Lonely Who Fans in High School, Pt. XIII

In a message dated 7/3/2001 3:50:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

Yep, when I was in high school nearly two decades ago,
I was pretty much the only Who fan I knew of.

I was pretty much the opposite. In 1979 when the Who first toured the USA
after Keith's death, our group of high school friends organized a road trip
to Philadelphia to see them. Since only 2-3 of us had driver's licenses, the
cars were packed. I had just gotten my license 2 days before & it wasn't too
long after Cincinnati, so my mom was a basketcase. It goes without saying
that the first time I saw the Who was an AMAZING JOURNEY!  AHH  the memories
of my youth.

Tom G