2 quotes out of context is good for me

PT:  "I write music today for just two reasons; neither have anything to
do with money. I want to get higher and I want  human contact (preferably
not solely via the internet!)"
and
"Today banks are starting to line up to bankroll artists who wish to set
up their own direct portal to their audience. Of  course at the moment
only established artists are being courted."

I take these two pieces of the recent diary as very good news.

Self actualization and the need for love are pretty strong motivation.

The 2nd quote is equally interesting, if you assume he is talking about
TED.  One of the reasons that was given for the 2000 tour was to generate
cash that could be invested in further creative projects.  Now it seems
that additional capital is available.  I will go even further and assume
that he aware that capital is available because he has concrete,
pitchable projects that he/they are seeking investors to support.

Happy thoughts even if they are built on wishful thinking and hefty
assumptions.

Jeff