BMI award

By the way, many congratulations to Pete on this.  It appears to be a very
prestigious award.

It's always great to see him recognized for the musical contributions he's
made.  The fact that The Who is always seen as something of a punk/outsider
band keeps Pete from receiving the kind of awards and general warm feelings
from the establishment that some of his contemporaries do.  Actually, we're
so used to this, that we're suspicious of the awards. ;)

Maybe Pete ought to pull a John.  "Well, gosh, thanks..." (walks off stage)

Actually, he should probably just thank them graciously, talk about all the
great times they've had together, take the award and run.  A true rebel
would take the opportunity to make a statement, of course, but whether or
not this might do any good is the question.  Pete's likely to be unable to
keep his mouth completely shut, but maybe he could keep the sarcasm down in
the biting irony range.  I didn't read everything up on their site, but I
got the impression they WERE trying to adapt to changing times.

keets