"Who Are You" Lost Verse

OK, I need help with lyrics again.  This time it's that "lost verse" in
"Who Are You" from the reissue CD.

    I used to check my reflection
    Jumping with my cheap (?) guitar.
    I musta lost (?) my direction
    'Cause I ended up a superstar.
    One night I's (?) in the boardroom (?)
    ???????????????? human race. (?)
    You can learn from my mistakes
    But you're posing in the glass again.

I kinda like these lyrics even without knowing some of the words.
The tone is consistent with all the other lyrics.  I like the images
it generates even if it does seem sort of........forced?

But is there an inconsistency in meaning within the stanza?  The
first line has Pete (presumably) in front of the mirror (1st person)
while the last line now has the listener in front of the mirror (2nd
person).

Is Pete talking to himself in the last line?  Is all this talk about po-
sing in front of mirrors too reminiscent of TOMMY?  Maybe that's
why they were dropped.  Or are they a bit too personal, too bitter.

Fascinating.

- SCHRADE in Akron