Re: projects for Roger

>Oooo - This makes me think of a Pete quote a few years ago about Roger's
>"limitations as an artist" (or something like that).

Pete was in a pissy mood.  He's got his own limitations, of course, and he
said really complimentary things about Roger's work on the 1996-97 QUAD
production.

I think Roger's very good at the technical aspects of a show, and you can't
argue that he's done a great job of beating DeNiro out on financing for the
current Moon movie.  He's also produced a couple of pretty good movies in
the past, and he's likely to be getting better with the practice.  What I'd
worry about is the script.  The statement Roger says he meant to make with
MCVICAR didn't quite come through.  It was a riveting movie, but there was
no clear message.  I have the same complaint about Pete's short films, too.
They tend to be very obscure.  TED do very well with a good director,
though.  QUAD the movie is excellent, as is "Happy Jack" and "Cobwebs and
Strange."  I also like Pete's "Rough Boys" video.  Likely Pete would be the
best choice to design the sets.

>Maybe its a good thing that they all have ongoing projects outside of The
>Who.  Too much time spent together and complete dependence on each other
>could lead to strife.  It has in the past.

Could be.  It is very possible they'd wear on one another's nerves.  Roger
does continue to appear in movies, though, which keeps him fairly busy.  I
think he appeared in five or six movies/TV shows last year, besides the tour
and the RAH charity bash.

I hate to be crass and commercial, but what about pulling the B&D scene out
of PSYCHODERELICT for a video?  Anybody seen Madonna's latest?  Or Sisquo's?
   (Whew!)

;)
keets