The Who sound

anonymous "They kind of sound like the Who, except with a thin sounding
guitar and an unneeded keyboard player."

Wrong.  It is The Who.  I can only imagine their have been similar
complaints every time the band's sound evolved.  imagined gripe:
"Synthesizers?  Yuk!  That doesn't sound like The Who we love from 'My
Generation'."

keets  "Assuming Moon hadn't died, how would The Who sound now?  Anybody
want to project the trends, and the fact that they're 20 years older, and
have a guess at it?"

Two possibilities:

1 - Silent.  Keith was beaten by booze and drugs.  His body and mind were
shattered and would have led to the permanent breakup of the band.

2 - Exactly the same as it is now, with a wasted Keith playing cowbell
and singing falsetto harmony.  He would look much like some of the other
semi-brain dead old guys out on the road now  <Brian Wilson and Jan &
Dean>.

Jeff