Re: Astley pissing match

>keets  "We all saw Pete's response to comments on Jon Astley's work on the
>PT BBS."
>
>I didn't.  Thanks for summarizing.  Is this is the context behind the
>current disagreement on this list?

Actually, it goes back quite a bit further than that.  The criticism of
Astley's work has gone on as long as I've been on the lists.  I suspect that
it's Fang's effort to personally annoy Pete Townshend into noticing him.  It
dates from prelist days and letter exchanges in fan magazines.  Fang did
bring it up on the PT BBS, and the resulting exchange seemed to contribute
to Pete's decision to discontinue the board.

>It would be interesting to hear a little more about this rift in
>the fan community over the demise of Pete's BBS.  Of course, it would be
>nice to know without restarting the bickering :0)

The rift goes further back, too.  Scott and several of his friends left igtc
to establish O&S due to philosophical disagreements that are fairly evident.

>Speaking of bickering and insults, is O&S back up?

No bickering as yet.  It ought to start up shortly.  ;)

keets